Sports from the point view from the guy that holds the clipboard for the guy that holds the clipboard.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Steroid Hall of Fame: David Ortiz

Papi, why?  And I'm not asking about why you did the steroids.  I'm asking why lie about it?  Why be just like all the others and not come clean.  Andy Pettitte came as close as we'll ever get.  That's what hurts.  A Yankee had more class than you.  Roger I expected, Manny was understandable, but you were supposed to be different.  You were the one that broke all the Steroid stereotypes.  You weren't arrogant, you weren't hated.  You loved the game and did not think you were bigger than it.





But with two statements you flushed it all down and became just like all the rest.

State's Evidence A:

Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me - I will not hide and I will not make excuses.
State's Evidence B:

 

I will restate my opinion on his press conference.  I believe he was not told he was on the list until this story broke.  I do not believe he only took supplements.

SUPPLEMENTS?!?!?!?   I know those things are shady but come on.  It's 2009, not 2001.  Barry, Mark, and Sammy already used that one to death.  No subtlety, no creativity, just the lamest cop-out you could come up with.  It was like your agent said, "Keep it simple!"  and you did.

I would love to wash my hands and be done with it all.  I want to walk away from baseball and the Red Sox I want to hate you.  But guess what, I suffer from Battered Fan Syndrome now.   Everyone is guilty, everyone is dirty.  Let them all in, don't punish the Pioneers.  The MLB is guilty, Selig is guilty, the MLBPA probably dealt the shit themselves.  And the Red Sox were no angles prior to this year.  They traded for Gagne after the Mitchell report came out.

I knew this was coming.  I assumed it once Manny got busted.  So the 'roids don't hurt, the lies do.

Albert Pujols, you're next.  It's only a matter of time, whether it's new testing or the 2003 list.  


Oh, and chalk up another one that we will never find out what he took.  The truth will never come out.

No comments:

Contributors